Nuruko is a character and a boss who appears in Monster Girl Quest: Paradox.
After chasing the White Rabbit through the first Tartarus, the party comes to a stop at a doorway she traveled through. Sonya tries to open it, but to no avail. Ilias informs her that it can't be opened through brute strength or magical power; it is a doorway to another dimension entirely, and only a select few beings can use them. Luka is one of them. The party goes through the door and they find themselves in Remina, which should have been destroyed over thirty years ago.
If the party investigates the nearby home, they'll hear rummaging from the back of the room, where they find ??? munching on a box of apples. If Luka disturbs her, she attacks them.
After the fight, she calms down and goes back to eating her apples. In the room, there is also a note saying, "EXPERIMENT FAILED."
If you leave, then re-enter the home and talk to ??? again, you can recruit her. Sonya can somehow understand her and names her from, ??? to Nuruko, taking after Yamatai language.
She may have encountered Marcellus travelling through the Tartarus; they became friends, but Marcellus had to leave her. Their friendship would explain why she follows Luka around in the Pocket Castle. Nuruko thinks he's Marcellus. Luka and Marcellus are very similar after all, and she isn't exactly intelligent.
- Attack-Normal Attack, One Enemy
- Tentacle Dance-Physical Attack, Random Enemy, Attack 3 Times
- Tentacle Caress (M)-Pleasure Attack, Target:Luka
- Tentacle Caress (F)-Pleasure Attack, Target:Female
- Soul Sucking Tentacles (F)-Pleasure, Target:Female, Drains HP
- Tentacle Restraint-Pleasure Attack with Bind, Target:Luka
- Soul Sucking Tentacles (F)-Rape, Drains HP
She's a boss, so she's naturally going to be a tough fight. But she is on the weaker side, compared to some other bosses. Tentacle Dance is a low damaging attack, but it hits three random party members. A martial artist like Bunni, Remi or Papi can help counter that, quite literally. Papi is arguably the best for this role, but she's also weak to pleasure attacks. You can't do much about Soul Sucking Tentacles. Just hope that you evade it or counter it. You also want to struggle if she binds Luka.
Since she's weak to lightning attacks. Ilias is probably the best choice, but if you chose Alice for some reason, Rami can fulfill that role instead.
- If you bring Nuruko, Sylph, and Gnome to the grave where you meet Gnome, you will have a unique scene with them, unlocking an achievement while doing so.
- Sonya is the only one who can understand her.
- Sonya named her. Her name comes from the combination of the words Nuru (Slimey in Japanese) and Ko (Child in Japanese).
- While not in the party, Nuruko will try to follow the player (in the home she was found, in the castle and any camp scene) as long as they are close enough to her. Be careful not to put yourself in a dead end while she follows you, as you could get potentially stuck because of her blocking your way (while you can escape using a Harpy Feather or similar for the first two possibilities, it is impossible to escape from the camp scene, so make sure to save beforehand).
- Nuruko's tentacles may have been partly inspired by the tentacles of Desco from Disgaea 4 considering the similarities in their colour and pattern and the fact that Arekishi has drawn Desco before in volume 6 of his hentai series "Sandwich".
- She could be a sealed form of Hiruko. Nuruko and Hiruko sound very similar. But this is unlikely as both Tamamo and Alice retained most of their character traits in their sealed form. Outside of the jacket, they bear no similarities. And if she were Apoptosis, then there would be no going back to being a Sixth Ancestor. Being sealed and becoming Apoptosis are two different things.