The Labyrinth of Chaos is an optional end-game maze that consists of random areas seen throughout the game with portals leading to the next section of the maze. Every 10th floor has the White Rabbit, a chest which contains either a seed, nut, or small medal and requires winning tougher boss rematches to proceed. Every 100 floors you have the option of fighting a super-boss for a better reward. You are also unable to save with the exception of after the rematches of each boss.
Another note is that Abilities/Accessories, such as the Demon Ward Bracelet item/Encounter Half Special Ability have no effect whatsoever while inside the Labyrinth of Chaos, making prolonged exploration on each floor a dangerous gambit if one runs out of supplies to keep their HP/MP supply in balance whilst searching for items/NPCs, as regular enemies are much tougher in the Labyrinth of Chaos than their usual counterparts are. Escaping from regular enemies is also made much harder, if not impossible most of the time, thus making it mandatory to fight your way through every regular encounter you face to progress forward.
- Most Apoptosis-types reflect physical attacks
- Fairies have a high magic reflect
- Harpies have high evasion rate
Random NPCs have the chance to spawn with each floor. They include:
Black Alice - Will give handicaps in exchange for armor relating to handicap after 10 floors cleared :
- Physical skills : Locks physical and weapon-based skills. Reward: Enforcer (sword), Maximilian (heavy armor), seed of power, seed of defense.
- Magical skills : Locks magical skills (White magic, Taoism...). Reward: Wizard Rod, Dragon Robe, seed of spirit, seed of magic.
- Job skills : Locks skills linked to class (Ninjutsu, dancing...). Reward: Ichigeki (ninja sword), Magic Bikini (skimpy armor), seed of agility, seed of skill.
Promestein - Choose a party member to drink her 'Carrot Juice' to gain some Race Experience.
Slime Girl - Randomly gives you fish related items.
Goblin Girl - Offers the 'Goblin Taxi' service for 300 G, if paid she will take you past 3 Floors
Tiny Lamia - Offers the 'Tiny Lamia's Inn' service for 20 G, spend a night here in comfort!
Vampire Girl - Allows you to access your Item Shop from the Pocket Castle
Dragon Pup - Allows you to access your Smithy from the Pocket Castle
Phoenix Girl - Received Phoenix Girl's Blessing! Until The Next Boss Floor, Revival Effect Will Fire!
Mimic Girl - Will bestow you with a Small Medal
Lamia - Choose a party member to do her training, Max HP Increased By 3!
Jack O Lantern - Choose a party member to do her training, Max MP Increased By 3!
Devil Fighter - Choose a party member to do her training, Attack Increased By 2!
Mini Crab Girl - Choose a party member to do her training, Defense Increased By 2!
Imp - Choose a party member to do her training, Magic Increased By 2!
Lamia Nun - Choose a party member to Meditate with her, Willpower Increased By 2!
Ostrich Girl - Choose a party member to Run a Marathon with her, Agility Increased By 2!
Lizard Thief - Choose a party member to do her training, Dexterity Increased By 2!
Chrome - Teaches Medical Skill
- I'll Give An Injection! - Target: Foe, Effect: Poison/Paralysis(75%)
Reaper - Teaches Dark Arts (One for one character)
- Demon Flame Dance - (Fire/Dark 760% ^ Att,Mag), Target: All Foes, Effect: Auto-Hit
- Demon Ice Burial - (Ice/Dark 760% ^ Att,Mag), Target: All Foes, Effect: Auto-Hit
- Demon Thunder Dust - (Lightning/Dark 760% ^ Att,Mag), Target: All Foes, Effect: Auto-Hit
Nanabi - Teaches Ninjutsu Skills
- Beginner Course (All for one character)
- Skill Use:Ninjutsu
- Fire Veil - (Fire 290% Att+Dex), Target: All Foes, Effect: +
- Water Veil - (Water 290% Att+Dex), Target: All Foes, Effect: +
- Lightning Veil - (Lightning 290% Att+Dex), Target: All Foes, Effect: +
- Advanced Course (Only one for one character)
- Inferno Dance - (Fire 380% Att+Dex), Target: All Foes, Effect: +
- Torrential Stream - (Water 380% Att+Dex), Target: All Foes, Effect: +
- White Lightning - (Lightning 380% Att+Dex), Target: All Foes, Effect: +
High Slug Girl - Teaches Rapier Skills (Only one for one character)
- Fue Trois - (Fire 120% Att+Agi), Target: 3 Random Foes, Effect: +20% Hit, +
- Glace Trois - (Ice 120% Att+Agi), Target: 3 Random Foes, Effect: +20% Hit, +
- Foudre Trois - (Lightning 120% Att+Agi), Target: 3 Random Foes, Effect: +20% Hit, +
Cactus Girl - Teaches Whip Skills (Only one for one character)
- Lightning Lash - (Lightning 220% Att+Dex), Target: Foe, Effect: Bind/Shock(50%), +15% Hit, +
- Demon Waltz - (220% Att+Dex), Target: All Foes, Effect: Confusion/Sleep/Paralysis(25%), +15% Hit, +
- Melting Whip - (100% Att+Dex), Target: 3 Random Foes, Effect: Digestion(75%), +15% Hit, +
Mandragora - Teaches Plant Skill
- Mandragora Scream - Target: All Foes, Effect: Paralysis(50%)
Seaweed Girl - Teaches Dancing Skill
- Seaweed Dance - Target: All Foes, Effect: Sleep(75%), +800 Speed
Sparrow Girl - Teaches Dancing Skill
- Sparrow Dance - Target: All Allies, Effect: Sleep/Confusion Cure/Immunity, +800 Speed
Lily - Teaches Magic Science Skill
- Magic Science: Dark Matter - (Dark 380% Mag+Dex), Target: All Foes, Effect: Ignore Def, Auto-Hit
Page 65537 - Teaches Grimoire Skill
- Magic Book: Page 666 of The End - (Dark 840% Mag), Target: All Foes, Effect: Auto-Hit
Naccubus - Injects the party with a Vaccine, Immune to Status Effects until the next Boss Floor!
Kamuro - Halves MP cost until the next Boss Floor
Two-Tail Silver Kitsune - Halves SP cost until the next Boss Floor
Minotaur Girl - Begin Combat with raised Attack Power until the next Boss Floor
Mermaid Merchant - Sell various items. Four different stocks possible.
- Basic status recovery items.
- Advanced status recovery items and consumables.
- High level equipment.
- 1 Seed or Small Medal for 3000.
Sara - Choose a party member to train with her to gain some Experience.
King of San Ilia - Choose a party member to pray with him to gain some Job Experience.
Sylph - Grants your party the blessing of Wind until the next Boss Floor
Gnome - Grants your party the blessing of Earth until the next Boss Floor
Undine - Grants your party the blessing of Water until the next Boss Floor
Salamander - Grants your party the blessing of Fire until the next Boss Floor
White Rabbit - Shows up every 10 floors or randomly and offers the ability to Change Jobs, Organize Party, and Escape from Chaos Labyrinth.
Nero - For the low fee of 2,000 G he will assassinate the Floor Boss for you.
Neris - For the low fee of 1,000 G she will carve a path through 10 Floors.
100 floor bosses
Map Of The Area
- Enemies encountered get more powerful abilities at Floor 100 and above.
- Above floor 50, 100 and 200, the number of chests by floor decrease while the quality of their content increase.
- Buffs and blessings acquired activate at the beginning of each fight until the next Boss floor.
- Buffs, blessings and handicaps acquired only apply to the 4 party members active at the beginning of the fight.
Renovated Labyrinth of Chaos
In part 2, the Labyrinth of Chaos has been changed in a number of ways.
- Enemies no longer appear randomly as they do outside of the Labyrinth. Instead, enemies wander the Overworld and chase you down, engaging in combat should they touch you. The speed of these enemies varies on the species, with Fairies and Harpies being much faster than the Dragon Girl or Anglerfish Girl. The enemies encountered when touched are related to the type of enemy represented in the Overworld, either by species or by area of encounter. This also means that each floor has a limited amount of enemies, making farming impossible.
- NPCs capable of teaching new techniques do not show up in the regular Overworld anymore (see below).
- This iteration of the Labyrinth introduces "Special Floors". These floors do not count towards the total amount of floor and will contain a singular event, which can grant rewards if done correctly. These include the following events:
- NPCs capable of teaching techniques to one party member.
- A murder mystery, with 4 suspects and several clues. Getting the killer wrong will give you a small reward while getting it right will give you a larger one.
- A small quest where you must catch tasty fish for a random character.
- An event where you're prompted to marry a character in a choice of two. Marrying either will give you a reward.
- Helping a random character, who's getting mugged by the Scaly Bandits.
- Intervening in a fight between two random characters and choosing one of the sides, before fighting the opposite side.
- Meeting with a Shenron-lookalike, who will grant you one wish among a small variety of choices. Only the ones giving you equipment actually gives you what you asked for, other than asking for Sonya's panties.
- Seeing a random character fall into a lake, with Goddess Ilias appearing and presenting you with 3 characters, asking you which one you "dropped" into the lake. These 3 characters usually include a "lesser" version of the character, the character themselves and a "better" version of said character. Choosing the lesser version or the character themselves will give you a reward while choosing the better version will make monsters stronger (effectively increasing your rare points).
- A fight against a random character in the Colluseum. This character is usually an extremely strong one, such as Granberia, and acts as a mini-super boss. Winning will let you teach a character from your party an ability that let you Master a certain type of armor.
- A super boss section, taking place in a platform floating in the middle of Chaos. The White Rabbit is present, letting you heal. Stepping on the light tile will summon the boss. Most of these bosses are alternate versions of Luka or male members of his family. This includes several Doppel Luka, ghost Heinrich, Marcellus and two new forms of Luka (or possibly his father), known simply as "Judgement" and "Worldbreaker" respectively. Note that asking the White Rabbit for healing may cause Marcellus to suddenly appear and kill her after being healed, automatically starting the fight and not letting you leave.
- An alternate version of the Mitra Sealed Castle, with all the weapons being still in their respective places. You need a special key gained through the Labyrinth in order to enter. The White Rabbit will also mention that the strength of the weapons will vary on how deep you are in the Labyrinth (aka your number of Rare Points), meaning that it may be wise you keep the key for when you reach higher floors with this Special Floor.
- Both the regular bosses and super bosses have been updated to include bosses from Part 2, alongside previously unseen bosses, such as the living versions of Cirque du Croix.
- The maps have been updated to include locations from Part 2. Strangely enough, this includes the Chaos Passages between two parallel worlds, despite the fact that those areas were available in Part 1.
- The enemies have also been updated with those of Part 2.
- A new system for determining progression has been set up, which are "Rare Points". Rare Points are gained when escaping the current floor, when defeating a monster or with special events/NPCs. The quality of the loot found in chests increases with the number of Rare Points gained, but so does the strength of the enemies and bosses found in the Labyrinth. Thus, it is possible to continue in the Labyrinth for long periods of time by avoiding every encounter, although this will result in weaker loot.
- A new system of weapons and armor was introduced, alongside gems which can be equipped on weapons. See the Blacksmith section for more information.
- The different areas available in the Labyrinth of Chaos yield certain kinds of equipment more often than others. See the section of the Trials of Chaos for more information.
- Despite the Reaper stating that the Labyrinth of Chaos is now open after the end of Part 1, you are unable to access it until the end of Part 2, which will be the Part 2 one regardless of if you tried to enter it or not before that point.
Trials of Chaos
Trials of Chaos are an alternate entrance to the main Labyrinth of Chaos. They act as a more specialized and farmable version of the main Labyrinth, as they grant you access to several Trials that each gives you access to certain kinds of equipment. The trials are as follow:
Eternal Forest: This area gives you access to lightweight armor such as robes, luxury hats, and martial art outfits. As the name of this area would suggest, it is made out of the forest-themed maps of the world, with plant, insect, elf, fairy and sometimes beast monsters being the most common types.
Carnage Hill: This area gives you access to heavy armor such as shields, helmets and other types of heavy armor. As the name of this area would suggest, it is made out of the mountain-themed maps of the world, with a rather wide range of monsters.
Sea of Truth: This area gives you access to lightweight and quick weapons such as swords, bows, and katanas. As the name of this area would suggest, it is made out of the water-themed maps of the world, with mermaid, sea-dweller and scylla monsters being the most common types.
Oblivion Desert: This area gives you access to more unusual weapons such as plates, scalpels, harps, and guns. As the name of this area would suggest, it is made out of the desert-themed maps of the world, with land-dweller and insect monsters being the most common types.
Recursions Cavern: This area gives you access to weapons requiring high attack power such as heavy swords, hammer, axes, and fists. As the name of this area would suggest, it is made out of the cave-themed maps of the world, with insect, ghost, undead, land-dweller and sometimes yoma monsters being the most common types.
Phase Tower: This area gives you access to magical weapons such as rods, sickles, and grimoires. As the name of this area would suggest, it is made out of the interior-themed maps of the world, with magical and yoma monsters being the common types.
Town of Demise: This area gives you access to accessories with a variety of effects. As the name of this area would suggest, it is made out of the town-themed maps of the world, with angels being common there.
Infinite Chaos: This area gives you access to gems, which are able to be equipped on weapons and armor. As the name of the area would suggest, it is made out of the chaos-themed maps of the world, with Apoptosis and Chimera monsters being the common types.
Each trial has 5 level, with each of them having 10 floors to go through before fighting the boss. You start with only the first level accessible. Defeating the boss of a level will grant you access to the next level, which will automatically start with far more Rare Points than the last, with the last level starting with 7000 rare points.
Apply Gems: Allows you to apply Gems to your Secret Weapons or Secret Armor. Gems have special effects that will be active when you equip the weapon or armor to which the gem is attached. A Secret Tool can only have so many gems attached to it and thus has limited sockets to insert gems in. The strongest the weapon, the more sockets it has, usually.
There are 6 types of Gems, which roughly all follows the different types of ability a character naturally possesses. Those types are Combat, Job, Magic, Defense, Special, and Equipment. A weapon can only have one type of gem equipped at one time. Notably, Equipment Gems aren't available naturally like most other gems. They can instead be found by Refining either a Heaven Stone or a Sky Stone alongside the weapon chosen to create the stone.
Refine Gems: You are able to ask Papi to "refine" gems for you, at a fee. Fusing multiple of the same gem can grant you a gem with an increased effect. For example, three 10% HP gem will give you a 20% gem. It is also the only way to create an Equipment Gem as talked about.
Enhanced Secret Equipment: You can also Enhance your Secret Equipment by synthesizing two Secret Equipment together. While item A will gets its power level increased by 1 (regardless of the power level of item B), item B will get consumed. You can only synthesize two Secret Equipment of the same type, such as a sword with a sword, or a shield with a shield. Also, the item being consumed to upgrade another cannot be of a lower level than the item being upgraded. Thus, an item with a power level of 2 cannot be upgraded with an item of power level 1.